I knew he wanted me
his interest in my every need
was keen and clear
his compassion deep
his touch gentle
yet...
questioning.
Did I want him, too?
He seemed to ask
With every longing gaze
he looked
into my eyes...
I could feel the query
his tender softness
washes over me
as he sweetly whispers
thoughtfulness
that grabs and turns my heart
circumstances leave me irritated
yet this is none of his doing.
These are merely temporary;
situations;
yet I am tormented
by them
Still...
he waits
with loving arms
and a warmth
and tenderness
I've never known-
a strength
a hesitation
as though
he asks my permission
and places my need
above his own
He never forces his will on me
and for this and so many other things he does...
I love him so.
In the end...
it is worth it
because he always leaves me
breathless
blog comments powered by Disqus